Cotswold District Council is updating its adopted Local Plan to make it “Green to the Core”. The adopted Local Plan covers a period from 2011 to 2031. The Council is also considering development needs up to 2041 and options for how these may be delivered. During this period the Council also is consulting upon a draft Framework Masterplan Supplementary Planning Document for Cirencester Central Area (a town centre masterplan).
The consultation period will run from:
MASTERPLAN: 1 February until 17 March 2024 (11:59pm); and
LOCAL PLAN UPDATE: 1 February until 24 March 2024 (11:59pm)
This is a Local Plan Regulation 18 consultation. It builds on the consultation responses we received in 2022 at the previous ‘Issues and Options’ stage of plan-making. The consultation also responds to changes in national guidance and new evidence base studies undertaken to inform the Local Plan Update.
The consultation consists of:
• updated Local Plan policies;
• A vision, objectives and development strategy topic paper that starts the process of how the council addresses development needs to 2041;
• A Call for Sites that invites people to indicate available land that can deliver development needs up to 2041. This can include land for housing, employment, renewable energy, green spaces, nature, etc.
• An ‘initial ideas’ consultation document that starts the process for developing a Framework Masterplan for Cirencester Town Centre.
• An interim Integrated Impact Assessment will support the consultation and will include an appraisal of the development strategy options and the draft policies. This will be available from 9 February.
You can read the documents and submit comments at your.cotswold.gov.uk
The document and supporting evidence can also be viewed and downloaded via the Council’s website at:
It is important to be aware that names and comments, once processed, may be made publicly available on the Council’s website. Comments received during the consultation will be considered and used to inform the next stage of plan preparation. A Local Plan Privacy Notice is available on the Council’s website.
Copies of the consultation document are also available to view at libraries and the District Council offices in Cirencester (Trinity Road, GL7 1PX) and Moreton-in-Marsh (Moreton Area Centre, High Street, Moreton-in-Marsh, GL56 0AZ).
If you require any further information or assistance, please contact the Forward Planning Team on 01285 623000 or by email to email@example.com